Friday by Bob Dylan Friday by Bob Dylan

I liked this, but when I saw the author comments,

I just had to write a review. Vietnam, lol epic. The dead hooker is a nice touch. As monotonous as this is, I keep thinking about it whenever I hear about Friday. Of course, this animation begs the question: what would've happened if Bob Dylan actually wrote the song?

The irony makes this particularly clever, considering that Bob Dylan won a Pulitzer for "lyrical compositions of extraordinary poetic power". Nice rendition.

24 in 24 24 in 24

Well done

I watched you guys make it for a little while, and was really impressed. Hania, you're awesome. James, you're a tank: I've never seen anyone with such focus and drive. I thought the quality was good. Some of my favorites were the ice cream truck, the heads with laser eyes, explosion runner, and the cow. I loved the music with the UFO the most, and I also liked the music for 8 and 10. This project was a great idea. What a cool way to get fans involved! I hope you do similar things in the future, and of course, I can't wait for Tarboy 2!

Katan Katan

Epic

I can see a motivational poster with Katan in it that reads: Epic Flash. I especially like how the story is told without any dialogue. The music selection was perfect. I can't wait for a sequel!

Music Quest Music Quest

A True Gem

This is quite something you have here! I think it's the most innovative music discovery tool that I've seen Musicovery a few years ago, and the selection is greater. Keep working on this. I think it has potential to spread far beyond Newgrounds.

Bloons Tower Defense 4 Bloons Tower Defense 4

My favorite online game

When I found this for the first time, I played it for almost 5 hours straight. I still find myself coming back for another round whenever I think of it. Great game, it never gets old.

Pirate Introduction Pirate Introduction

Maarrrvellous! I haven't heard your music in a while, and when I logged in today, this was at the top of my "Latest From Your Favorites" section. I think it's my favorite song of yours. It really starts getting depth by the end.

As for the dulcimer, EWQL Goliath has one. It's and old piece of software, but it gets the job done. Something that might help you with long songs is recording each instrument, one at a time as a .wav, then combining the files and mastering the combined file. It's a pain, but that's how I had to do all my songs.

AshleyAlyse responds:

Oh, wow! Thanks for the info! I'll look into that! Thank you for zee review! :) I already do that with most of my songs, then combine them together in Audacity. Such a pain. :/

P.S. Please don't quit composing, you're awesome, dude! Even if it turns into a side hobby, please don't quitttt. I'll be sad. :C

Alessa's Harmony Memoria Alessa's Harmony Memoria

Another beautiful piano piece

That's amazing that you played this song from memory. Since it's not yours originally, and I don't remember the original song perfectly, I'll only comment that the effects you added are a nice touch. The very last note sounds harder than the rest of the song, but that's just nitpicking. Great song!

Matt-Porter responds:

I tend to panic when recording and that final closing chord almost always gets me. I've literally spent hours recording the same song, only to mess up one note during the recording, usually the last. That would definitely be the case here, but it was good enough by me :) I'll eventually just start recording super long files, and cut out the plays that go well, with no pressure.

Thanks for the kind review, much appreciated.

Waiting (Clean) Waiting (Clean)

Calm and Beautiful

I'm impressed by the flowing piano. The tempo even quickens, but the piano transitions cleanly, and the synth follows suit. I like the bright synth, and the piano's reverb helps it blend nicely. Even without the effects in this version, the combination of the instruments puts you on the beach.

Matt-Porter responds:

I'm glad you like it's flowing nature, I too felt that was a strong point of this otherwise simple piece. Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated.